Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chocolate Tofu Pudding


I used to eat chocolate like crazy six months ago. Whether it was a Hershey's candy bar, Snicker's, Reese's or even a bag (yes, a BAG!) of semi-sweet chocolate chips, I did not care! Once I made my switch, I decided to cut my consumption way back. I couldn't be so careless anymore with chocolate! But a little bit of chocolate is good, you say? For the anti-oxidants? Yes, I know that, but when you eat tons of chocolate, the good benefits are buried beneath the gorging of the product.

Not long after I swore off chocolate candy, I had a breakdown. I needed chocolate. I began looking for a vegan chocolate pudding recipe and after trying a few, I just decided to make up my own! I brought a small cup to work and let my coworkers give it test run. Needless to say, they definitely approved. I suggest topping it with fresh strawberries and some almonds. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Chocolate Tofu Pudding
yields four small servings

1/4 block of tofu, crumbled
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4  c. 100% cocoa powder
1/4 c. almond milk
1/8 c. coconut palm sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
four strawberries

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. 
2. Top with almonds and strawberries.

*I generally only eat one serving of the pudding and store the rest refrigerated in a container for the next few days. This pudding keeps well and tastes great up to three days later (although mine never lasts that long)!

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!