Friday, July 20, 2012

Fruit "Ice Cream"


My family was always a huge fan of ice cream. It would be rare not to find a half gallon of Blue Bell Ice Cream in the freezer and I just never really thought about not eating it. Well, when I gave cow's milk the boot, so too did I have to give up the ice creams that I knew and loved. Instead, I started whipping up my own version.

I first saw Rip make some banana ice cream in The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue. You can pretty much take any fruit(s) and blend them into a creamy "ice cream". Here is my easy recipe that I follow whenever I have a craving!

Fruit "Ice Cream"
yields 2 servings

2 c. fruit (peaches, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, strawberries, etc.)
1/4 c. non-dairy milk (almond milk)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
handful of almonds

1. Blend the fruit and milk until smooth.
2. Add in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Top with a handful of almonds.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!