Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Herbivore's Nacho Cheeze


I've loved cheese ever since I was six months old. Mom likes to tell me how she and my grandma would feed me broccoli and cheese soup at that age. When I made my switch, cheese was definitely the hardest to give up. Until I gave in two months into my veganism. I was at a company party and the brie was just too tempting. I told myself I was rewarding my good behavior so far in my change. Now I'm reminded of this quote I saw on Pinterest


From months two to four into my change, I decided I would let cheese slip back in. No big deal, right? Well, I did gain back 6 lbs. of the 15 that I had so proudly lost during the two previous months. And when I went to my appointment with my doctor to get some feedback on my bloodwork, I confessed. She then gave me a five minute explanation as to why I needed to give it back up. It's been roughly 45 days and I can see the difference. I dropped the 6 lbs. I had gained and then some. 

As you can imagine, it's definitely been really hard! I had to find a replacement. Luckily, I was browsing Happy Herbivore for a cheeze recipe, and I quickly found one. Here's some pictures below of  the last batch that I made. It's super yummy and easy to whip up if you're missing cheese. I've eaten it with chips or even scooped some on top of an entree. 


Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!