Sunday, July 1, 2012

Vegan Pizza Party!


Earlier last week, a coworker sent me a link to a Vegan Pizza Party held at Capital City Bakery here in Austin. Just looking at the event on Facebook made me want to attend. I had been meaning to check out these vegan treats anyway for weeks! This was the perfect excuse to head on over and meet some new people.



I snagged a box full of treats and waited for the pizza to arrive. Although it was slightly delayed, this gave me some time to meet some new people! Austin is full of vegan-friendly options and while I waited, my husband even sent me a link to a Vegan Tour of Austin article. As soon as I started chatting with some strangers, more and more people sat down and we started having several conversations. 

Once the pizza arrived, I snagged myself two pieces of BBQ Seitan from Hoboken Pie. This was seriously some good pizza. I couldn't believe how yummy it was. What a perfect way to spend national Vegan Pizza Day!

After I finished up my dinner, I checked out the vegan goods at the Rabbit Food Pop-Up Shop that was set up at the event. I picked up a package of macaroni & cheese, chocolate lavender cake mix and a small bottle of Parmela

I had expected to maybe stick around for 30 minutes after arriving at 7:30 p.m., but was shocked that I stayed until 11 p.m.! The time flew by as I was meeting lots of new people and already making plans to check out the next meet-up. I'll probably be attending the ATX Vegan Drinks event on Friday at Cheer Up Charlie's and Arlo's Food Truck. 

Lesson of the weekend: Don't be afraid to try out new things and meet new people. I was so fortunate to meet so many awesome vegans and it makes me realize that no, I'm not alone in this lifestyle. It's important to surround yourself with positive thoughts and positive people. So no matter what, do what makes YOU happy.


Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!