Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Veggie Pizza


A friend recently said, "I would miss pizza if I were vegan!" Fear not, this recipe has been a staple in my kitchen since I made my switch over five months ago. I never really had a recipe and ended up creating my own variation of pizza using a little trial and error. I finally have the perfect amount of mixture now for one large pizza.

No, you don't have to give up your beloved pizza if you go vegan. You just don't top it with pepperoni or cheese! Check out my fool-proof and easy recipe below.

Veggie Pizza
yields 8 slices

1/4 block of tofu
2 cloves garlic
8 baby bella mushrooms
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1/8 c. green bell pepper
1/8 c. red bell pepper
1/8 c. yellow bell pepper
1 tsp. cilantro (organic herb puree)
1 tsp. basil (organic herb puree)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 whole-wheat pizza crust
1 small jar of pizza sauce (use 8 oz.)
1/8 c. nutritional yeast flakes

1. Cut all the veggies.
2. Crumble tofu into bowl.
3. Stir in seasonings. Allow to marinate if you have time to allow for it!
4. Spread a layer of sauce onto the pizza crust and add layer of nutritional yeast.
6. Add veggie mixture and top with nutritional yeast.
7. Bake as directed on pizza crust packaging.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!