Saturday, August 25, 2012

5 Things You Didn't Know About Me


I was inspired to do a short version of Happy Herbivore's 10 Things You Didn't Know About Me. So here's my list of five!

1. I have a degree in journalism and used to dream about working into the wee hours of the night in the newsroom as a reporter. Unfortunately, the economy wouldn't allow for that dream to be realized with the decrease in ad sales which resulted in job cuts in the newspaper industry. I did work at a magazine as an Associate Editor, though!

2. I've been married for close to two years and have been with my husband for eight years. We met in high school, started dating as seniors, moved off to college together and settled here in Austin, Texas over four years ago. Yowza!

3. I'm a sucker for the band Rooney. After watching the Princess Diaries at the age of 14, I was in love with the lead singer [Robert Schwartzman] who is Mia's love interest in the movie. He also happened to be the reason that I had to shut down my first blog (The Little Red Journal, version 1.0). I had discussed in length some lyrics from Bow Down Daisy Duke and this led to an embarrassing teenage drama that I'd like to soon forget. Read more about that here. Also, I still rock out to Rooney!


4. I was a terrible cook only six months ago. I'm still not an Iron Chef, but my dad liked to joke that I couldn't even boil water. Fortunately, vegan cooking is super easy and straightforward and has taught me so much (inside the kitchen and out)!

5. I love DIY projects and have an entire board on Pinterest dedicated to this. I always like to change up the custom wreaths on my door and make homemade gifts for family during the holidays.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!