Sunday, August 12, 2012

DIY Coffee Table to Ottoman


I love mid-century modern furniture. A friend of mine was clearing out some things from her house and asked me if I wanted an old table that used to hold a fish tank. Once I saw it, I was in love. The coffee table was the perfect size and had the most amazing legs on it! A year later, I bought a new coffee table and stashed the vintage one under my bed.


After a while, I started to feel really awful about this. It was such a great piece and I used it every now and then. Pinterest has been really great for me to find awesome new ideas on repurposing your current items or even just redecorating. I stumbled upon some really cool ottomans and decided to repurpose the vintage table.

I promptly visited my local Hobby Lobby and snagged a fun fabric to "reupholster" the piece, along with a 2" piece of foam. The whole process took less than 45 minutes and turned out beautifully. There was an easy DIY that I followed, but here's how it turned out!




Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!