Friday, August 17, 2012

Engine 2 Diet: Kitchen Rescue


After I watched Forks Over Knives (for the second time!), I was eager to learn more about switching to a plant-based diet. The next suggestion on Netflix after I finished FOK was the Engine 2 Diet: Kitchen Rescue movie. The short film (at only 52 minutes in length) is packed with great tips and recipes that anyone can master by watching it! 

As I mentioned before, the movie is available on Netflix, and features two families as they begin their plant-strong journey. Rip Esselstyn, the son of Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, goes through their refrigerators and pantries to explain why the foods he is tossing can be harmful to your health. Fair warning: even foods labeled as "vegan" can be unhealthy!

Some of the recipes featured in the video include my absolute favorites: sweet potato lasagna, fruit ice cream and veggie pizza. These were a few of my staples as I made my transition and used the "firefighter" approach to the Engine 2 Program. Check it out below and see how the Engine 2 Diet can change your life! After six months of following the program, I had some dramatic results!


Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!