Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY Dry Erase Weekly Meal Planner


After a few weeks of unorganized cooking in the kitchen, I realized that I needed a different strategy. I'm usually pretty good at organizing my life, but for some reason, I could not plan in advance for my vegan meals. I was adjusting to cooking way more at home, and was usually just tossing some veggies in a pan for a stir-fry. The idea of having an idea of what meals I would make a week in advance was appealing.

I was browsing Pinterest one night and stumbled upon a really quick and easy project for a meal planner. This could be used to track your family's schedule or even notes to remember for the week. This can be an effective way to make sure you're using up any perishable food, as well! I soon found myself in the picture frame aisle at my local craft store and also picked up a few sheets of colorful scrapbook paper to finish off the project.

DIY Dry Erase Weekly Meal Planner

One collage of picture frames
3 sheets of scrapbook paper
scissors
dry erase marker

1. Remove the stock images inside each frame.
2. Trace the glass or back of the frame onto the scrapbook paper for sizing.
3. Cut the scrapbook paper and insert into each frame.
4. Write down anything you wish with your marker!
5. Erase at the end of each week and repeat.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I make my meals planner on a board on the wall. I will have to steal this fun idea :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!