Monday, September 24, 2012

Food Trailer Review: Conscious Cravings


I'm fortunate to live in the culturally, ethnically and tastefully diverse city of Austin, Texas. Being a vegan here is so easy, not only because I have access to some great resources such as a Whole Foods and a weekend Farmer's Market, but also because there are several vegan eateries around town. I've been taking some long lunches lately to visit some new vegan places, and I recently have tried the Conscious Cravings food truck.

I'm addicted to portabella mushrooms and luckily, they have The Bella wrap that was perfectly designed with me in mind (or so it seems)! The wrap includes onions and olives with a vegan herbed mayo dressing and a touch of Daiya cheese. I was in heaven. The wrap is huge and it is paired well with a Mango Healthy Quencher. Since I've discovered them less than two months ago, I've visited them more than just a few times. My husband is a fan of their Spicy Chickpea Wrap and doesn't need much convincing to head on over with me when I have a craving.

Their menu includes eight different wraps starting at only $5 each, three salads and two healthy quenchers to choose from and more. There are three different locations around town and I've already visited two. Check them out if you're in the Austin area and looking to support a great local food truck! I highly recommend them and can't wait to visit again.


Conscious Cravings (Trailer) on Urbanspoon

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!