Friday, November 9, 2012

Food Trailer Review: Schmaltz


As part of our long vegan lunch excursions, my coworker and I ventured out to the Schmaltz food trailer in East Austin. She had just chatted me before lunch and sent me a link to their Facebook page. The photos looked enticing, and I told her that I wanted to go there ASAP. The food truck, which offers both vegan and vegetarian items, was located at 913 E Cesar Chavez and tucked behind Domy Book.

We were greeted by the owner, Julia Hungerford, and after checking out the menu, I ordered the Frankenthaler Falafel. It all sounded so amazing, but I was confident in my choice. While we waited for our food, we snagged a spot in the outdoor dining area. I loved the seating and gazed up at what looked like a parachute strung above us that provided ample shade. There were even little lights hanging, which makes me want to visit one evening for the mood lighting.

Soon we received our food, and after I unwrapped my Falafel, I quickly snapped a picture and then dove right in. I only wish I had taken a picture of my coworker's Harvey P Seitan Pastrami Reuben, but we were so caught up with hunger and anticipation that I was lucky enough to get a picture of my own food! The food tasted amazing and we've already planned another trip with more coworkers. I can't wait to go back and try out some other vegan options. 

Check out Schmaltz and support this amazing establishment soon!


Schmaltz on Urbanspoon

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

2 comments:

  1. Schmaltz and the Vegan Nom are my favorite Austin spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel, thanks for checking out this review! I haven't been to Vegan Nom, so I will definitely put that on my to-do list. Schmaltz was so amazing and I can't wait to go back!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!