Friday, November 2, 2012

Food Trailer Review: Wasota African Cuisine


My husband and I discovered Wasota African Cuisine on accident one night. While we are looking for parking at Conscious Cravings one busy weeknight, we gave up and parked in an adjacent food trailer lot. After dinner, I felt terribly guilty as we walked to where our car was parked and decided to run up to one trailer and order something small just for allowing us to park there.

I walked up and ordered a side of sauteed spinach. I know what you're thinking: "Spinach?!" I've never had a more amazing bowl of spinach... ever! We tore that bowl up when we arrived home and were hungry for more. The next rainy weekend, we hopped in the car and drove back over to Wasota. This time we ordered the platter, which includes black-eyed beans, fried plantains, sauteed spinach, jollof rice and akara. We we were hooked.

That Monday morning, I ran into a coworker who accompanies me on these trips and after giving them a rundown of Wasota, we agreed to go a couple of days later. A few of us piled into the car and headed on over for my third round of the African cuisine. I ordered the platter again and took the leftovers home for dinner that night for my husband and I to share. The platter is enough to feed four people one meal or two people lunch and dinner!

I highly recommend that you visit this awesome trailer and see how yummy their menu is for yourself. There is a vegan menu and plenty of variety. This has made it on my list of trailers that I will be frequenting more often. I look forward to trying out new items from the menu and seeing what else I can fall in love with.


Wasota African Cuisine on Urbanspoon

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!