Friday, December 7, 2012

Restaurant Review: Sugar Mama's Bakeshop


After you go vegan or plant-based, one of the first cravings that you get is usually for something sweet. I hadn't even entertained the idea that there were baked goods made without animal products, and upon doing a quick search of vegan cupcakes, I found Sugar Mama's Bakeshop. Located on South 1st, their menu boasts vegan and non-vegan baked goods. I've made several visits here already, but during my last, there were several vegan options available to my delight.

This is right across the road from Bouldin Creek Cafe, and we walked to Sugar Mama's after dinner at Bouldin one night. I had never seen so many vegan options and was amazed at the choices. My husband snagged two banana split cupcakes and I bought myself one red velvet and one pumpkin cupcake. We chatted with one of the employees, who informed us that they do lots of custom orders, as well. 

The interior has a retro feel and the cases that hold the baked goods looks vintage, as well. I wish I had snapped a photo of the menu, which was written in chalk on a huge board behind the display cases. The employees have always been super friendly and more than helpful when I have a quick question about a vegan product. 

If you're looking to order a dozen custom vegan cupcakes, a pie for the holidays or have been craving a cupcake, swing by Sugar Mama's today!


Sugar Mama's Bakeshop on Urbanspoon

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!