Thursday, February 14, 2013

Herbie of The Week on Happy Herbivore


Many months ago a coworker told me that she nominated me to be Happy Herbivore's "Herbie of The Week." Lindsay Nixon, the chef behind Happy Herbivore and my absolute favorite resource for all things plant-based, told my coworker that I should email her myself. I typed up my story, emailed her, and months passed until one day I received an email that said I would be the Herbie of The Week on her blog. You can't even begin to imagine my excitement when I found out. There may have been a happy dance involved and loud squealing.

I am honored to be featured on Happy Herbivore. She has been an amazing role model for my transition and has always been super sweet and retweeting any of my tweets that mentioned her and the recipes in her cookbooks. I own all three cookbooks and even reviewed one of them. They were a vital tool for our lifestyle that Kendan and I use frequently to quickly whip up some healthy, plant-based meals. I couldn't say enough nice things about her personally and professionally, but I am super psyched to be on her blog today!

Check out my post here and peruse her site, which is a great source for recipe inspiration or meal plans.

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I had to go to her blog and talk about you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog through HH. Love your site so far and look forward to following along with your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet - thanks for checking out my blog! I was so excited to be on Happy Herbivore and I really feel like she was an integral player in my success. I appreciate you following me. : )

      Delete

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!