Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dad's Okra Goulash Recipe

Every time I visit my parents, there's always something ready for me to eat. My parents have been supportive of my plant-based lifestyle, and it's great to come home and see something on the stove that is vegan-friendly. Dad especially likes to cook and frequently omits meat and other animal products just so I can eat the same things they do. Without further ado, here's my dad's invention of Okra Goulash. Enjoy!




Ingredients
2 c. fresh okra
1 can original Rotel
1 can peas
1 can corn (cream style may burn easily)
1/2 yellow onion
1 tsp. or less garlic powder
dash of black pepper
dash of salt

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in pan over medium heat.
2. Stir occasionally as you bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Enjoy.

You can really alternate between different vegetables, but he also suggested to try out mushrooms or carrots. Let me know below if you have any other suggestions for veggies in this goulash!

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!