Thursday, June 12, 2014

Houston Vegan Eats Review: Green Vegetarian Cuisine


After living in Houston for nearly two months, I had to find a vegan burger. I was so spoiled in Austin and could grab a vegan meal at any hour of the day there, no matter if it was a Saturday at 2 a.m. or 10 p.m. on a weeknight. I'm still exploring the city and have not found all of the vegan places just yet, but I've been finding some gems. When I found Green Vegetarian Cuisine, I was ecstatic to try out their food.

We arrived on a Sunday for an early lunch. They were PACKED. This is a good sign. We waited only a minute or so before being seated since we had just two at our table. When I looked over the menu, I began to bounce my eyes from one item to the next. Did I want the Artichoke & Portabella Quesadilla? A Falafel Burrito? Those sounded tasty, but once I ran across THE BIG NASTY BURGER, I knew that was the clear winner. A veggie patty decked with avocado, lettuce, tomato, and vegan chipotle mayo, this sucker was topped with even more goodies: melted cheddar, grilled onions, fakin’ bacon, and grilled mushrooms. YES PLEASE!!!

I did a double-take on the price ($12), but I hadn't eaten a veggie burger in over two months. This had to happen. It was happening. We ordered some fried mushrooms and my husband ordered the Cece's Stir Fry. It was settled. When the food was brought to our table, I was stunned at the magnificence of the Big Nasty Burger, in all of its glory. I polished it off so fast that this picture below is actually from my SECOND visit to Green Vegetarian Cuisine. Also not pictured: The Hostess-like creme-filled chocolate cupcake that I inhaled within a minute of receiving it. Sorry guys, but you'll just have to visit this one for yourselves to experience it.

Can't wait to go back!

Cece’s Stir Fry.
Fried mushrooms with vegan gravy.
The Big Nasty Burger.

 Locations
Green Downtown at Pearl Brewery
Full Goods Building
200 E Grayson St
Suite 120
San Antonio, TX 78215
210-320-5865

Green at Alon
10003 NW Military Suite 2115 (Corner of Wurzbach and NW Military)
San Antonio, TX 78230
210-233-1249

Green – Houston
6720 Chimney Rock, Suite Y (Corner of Chimney Rock & Bellaire)
Houston, TX 77081
(832) 649-4184

Links
Google+ | Facebook

Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you've read? Leave a comment!